Wonder Walker Wanderlust

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Post 2 : Wanderlust in America

2004, from October to December

From middle of September to middle of October, I went for TOEFL coaching school in Tokyo, twice a week.
And yes then maybe you know, journey to the United States.
I stayed at my uncle’s place in Falls Church for about a month, and my dads friend’s place in Boone for one and half month, and a week in near San Francisco, another uncle’s place.
While I was in Falls Church I used to study English by myself and also was doing this project to interview young immigrants in the United States. I took 9 interviews, I think.
And at Janet’s, my dad’s friend, well I tried to investigate American culture, and audited some classes in university and all. Dan and Janet were really nice to me, and they live in a real beautiful place, but must confess, by the end of the stay there I got so frustrated, I thought I was going crazy. You know, I think I’m pretty much good at adjusting to new place sort of thing (not in a sense of making friends and all though) but, oh boy, the place was isolated from town, and everyone’s were total American, and Dan and Janet are not that young as matter of fact, so where was I suppose to get my frustration out. In Rishi Valley, even in the hardest time I had friends to talk to. But there, I didn’t have anyone I can talk frankly. I was feeling lonelier and lonelier. I didn’t know what to do. And that’s probably why my blog was getting so good. That was where I could get out my frustration and say what I want. And I met a good friend online, Shannon (ironical in a sense that she’s American). I used to bug her every night, but she never really ignored me, and that’s what I thought amazing. And yea, creativity suddenly stopped. I don’t know why. I just couldn’t write anything good so I stopped playing guitar (I can’t really copy anything, or “play” I can only “create” u know).
And oh yeah you don’t know how much I felt relieved when I reached San Fransisco, my dad’s uncle’s place. Didn’t really do much thing there, but I felt so comfortable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home